Leaving a Legacy-Endowment Fund
There is no limitation on the size of a charitable gift that may be given to the Church at the time of your death. No matter how large the gift, it is deductible for Federal estate tax purposes.
Leaving a Legacy
What is the Endowment Fund?
The Endowment Fund is a separate 501 (c) (3) fund, contributions to which are tax deductible. The Fund is governed by the Church Council through a separate Endowment Fund Team. The purpose and mission of the Endowment Fund is to create a substantial and growing financial stability for Resurrection Lutheran Church. The Endowment Team will make periodic distributions of the Endowment income designated to further the ministry of the Church.
For distribution purposes only the growth and income generated by the endowment may be considered available for distribution. The corpus is inviolate and will remain in perpetuity helping the congregation for years to come.
The investments in the fund are managed by the Endowment Fund Team. Professional fund managers under the direction of the Endowment Team may be hired from time to time to assist in the management of the fund’s investments.
In addition, donors to the fund may designate gifts for specific purposes or in memory of someone special who has touched their life.
What are the objectives of the Endowment Fund?
To administer God’s gifts in a prayerful and business-like manner guided by these objectives:
· To extend further the message of Christ in our church family, the community we serve and the world, through resources gained by managing and investing gifts faithfully
· To support our own quality ministries and projects as well as innovative and creative opportunities beyond the regular mission of Resurrection Lutheran Church
· To receive and combine gifts, small and large, giving people a way to leave a personal legacy during their lifetime and beyond
· To consider prayerfully all that God has provided for your use
The manner in which you pass your resources to God’s work on earth will be a mark of your faith, as well as reflect your love for God for generations to come.
Why has Resurrection Lutheran Church created the Endowment Fund?
The congregation of Resurrection Lutheran Church (RLC) has always had a special vision for serving the community. God has blessed us as a congregation with resources of talents, gifts, dedication, and caring. For this we are truly thankful.
We take our stewardship responsibility seriously and the use of these and other gifts in the present and for future generations.
To enhance our opportunities to serve God, the RLC Endowment Fund has been established as a separate fund. As such, it provides a unique lasting stewardship vehicle for people to express gratitude to God for the blessings they have received throughout their lives.
How will Endowment Gifts be used?
Only the growth and interest earnings from the endowment principal can be used on an annual basis;
thereby allowing the original gift to remain in perpetuity and support RLC and its mission for many years.
As an example, annual distributions from the fund may be used for these and other outreach programs:
For our Congregation
· Starting new church ministries
· New capital improvements or building programs, etc.
· Seminary scholarships for students
For Community Needs
· Gifts to support churches and church ministries
· Gifts to support Christian services & organizations ministering to spiritual & physical needs
· Gifts to organizations such as Social Services, etc.
· New mission congregations
For Global Needs
· Global missions
· World hunger programs, etc.
How can gifts be made to The Endowment Fund?
Gifts to the Endowment Fund may be made in the following ways:
· Outright monetary gifts are always welcome and appreciated
· A life insurance policy that you no longer need or a new policy naming Resurrection Lutheran Church as the beneficiary
· Appreciated assets such as stocks, bonds, or shares of mutual funds - Call us for investment gifting and transfer instructions.
· A financial account such as a CD, savings account, IRA, or Pension Plan naming Resurrection Lutheran Church as beneficiary
· Distributions from a trust, either revocable such as a living trust, or irrevocable trust, such as a life insurance trust
· A bequest to Resurrection Lutheran Church in your Will of a special cash amount
Gifts may be given in memory of someone and can also be designated for a special purpose. Gifts of
any amount are most welcome and appreciated.
Donors who inform Resurrection that the church is in their will or estate plan will become members
of the Legacy Society.